Thursday, May 21, 2009

Visual Poetry

Hello Friends!
I've decided to start blogging again, so here goes the first post. This past April I was super inspired by the "Free Verse Project" for National Poetry Month by the Academy of American Poets.
See here for more info:
I've since been crafting art pieces based on the concept that poetry can be a visual experience. Below are a few concepts I'm developing. I'll continue to post as I develop others.
I love the ocean, pirates & sea glass. The idea of a message in a bottle has always fascinated me since I was a child.
"bottle poem"
I wrote a lot of short poems initially meant to be postcards, but they work as here as short succinct snippets. Hopefully none of the exes will take offense!
"letters to the past"
My grandfather's Underwood. This is the best hand-me-down I've ever gotten. I'll need to dedicate a post to elaborate, but I've been typing up a lot of poems using this beauty. There is something so special and concrete about using a typewriter. Old school. It is nothing short of thrilling. If you send me a word, I'll send you an insta-poem!
old school beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment